Saturday, September 8, 2007

Alaska cruis(ing)...

Okay, so they have internet connection on board (with premium prices), but hey, it gives me the opportunity to share some experiences while at sea! Don't expect long entries into this blog as the minutes tick away slowly depleting the alotted minutes!

My friend Don and I embarked on the MS Amsterdam yesterday and set sail under fabulous blues skies amidst the excitement and partying atmosphere of this RSVP cruise. Having been herded to the Lido deck, since our staterooms weren't quite ready, the boys had begun to meet and greet around the 2 pools staking claim to tables and lounge chairs (and not to exclude the women, they congregated there as well). I'm actually quite surprised at the number of women who are on this cruise. I expected a smattering, and of course they are the minority, but I didn't expect to see this many. And to be honest, it is nice to have the feminine energy on board!


Once we finally settled into the stateroom and unpacked, we were all required to participate in the life boat drill...rather humorous watching these guys try and figure out how the straps work on the life vests! Once finished, we explored the ship to try and figure out which way was up and to understand fore and aft (I'm still not quite there yet as I keep having to look out the windows to see which direction the boat is moving).


I've seen a few gentlemen from Seattle and courteous nods and hugs abound. Having met a few new guys on board from other locales has been a treat and even more so, one gentlemen I connected with rather...erm, spontaneously and well, let's just say it was a very pleasant way to leave the Emerald City in the boat's wake. And to think we hadn't been sailing for more than a couple of hours!! LOL


The dress was casual for the night, so of course I wore a kilt! People always seem to be amazed by them. But anything for attention, right? Too many cocktails later, I ended the night dancing away in the Crows Nest Lounge to the spinning talents of Kimberly S. A great way to start my vacation indeed!


Today is Saturday, and we're at sea all day. I did get up early and went to the gym...yes, even on vacation I plan on staying on track! A nap is planned for sure to keep up with the activities of the day...and the partying tonight (and it's formal due to the Captain's reception).


As I glance at the time, I'm due for my massage appointment and will run. I hope to regale you with further adventures as this trip progresses!


Ahhhhhhhh....I seem to be relaxing a bit now....

No comments: