Sigh....I've been back about a week now and in full swing with work (which of course pays for the fabulous vacation I just had)! It's funny too that even after a week, I'm still recovering from the balance issue from being on a ship. I find myself walking into a wall now and then. Apparently it's a common ailment if you're not use to having "sea legs". I was told it can take up to a week to fully recover. I think I'm pretty much past the worst part of it though.
The friends I met on board the ship have all returned to their normal lives as well, and we've exchanged a few emails so we can stay connected. It's funny how much I'm finding that I miss them. But my next getaway is planned for the beginning of December and since I will be in Palm Springs for a few days, both Bill and Keith have talked about meeting me there as they live in Pasadena which isn't that far away.
The first day of Fall starts this weekend. I'm not ready for it to approach...summer can't be over yet? The birch leaves in my front yard tell me otherwise though as does the dark mornings when the alarm goes off at 5:30am. My God, soon it will be Halloween and then the holidays...where did the year go? I've recently had to dig out the light jacket when I leave for work in the mornings and only too soon will I be wearing the heavier winter coats and battling the rain and wind that crops up every November...brrrrrr!
I need a cocktail...
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment