Friday, September 7, 2007

The journey begins...

Well, this is the first entry into my new blog.  Having never been one to keep a diary of any sort, and yes I've attempted it, perhaps this venture will inspire me to open and share some random thoughts, adventures, views and ideas!


As I sit here this morning, with cup of coffee in hand (and being from Seattle this is a requirement), I'm getting ready for my first cruising experience to beautiful Alaska.  I will be embarking on the MS Amsterdam (Holland America Lines) for 7 days of massive partying and playing with a boatload of 1350 men.  Yes, this is a gay cruise folks!  It leaves from Seattle and will return back here after the 7 fun-filled days!  I'm afraid I will probably need a vacation from my vacation though.  I do plan on posting some photos from the trip so stay tuned.  I'm not quite sure what to expect on the trip, but all I know is I plan on having fun on this ship.  I will be more than satisfied having a cocktail in my hand and letting go on the dance floor!


Since I've never been on a cruise, and not really knowing what to expect, I have packed an assortment of outfits and costumes (remember that this IS a gay cruise and accessorizing will be mandatory).  I can barely lift my luggage due to the array of gear, let alone the heftiness of the leather.  It's all good though considering you don't have to worry about weight issues like you do on the airlines.  And since we leave from here, I don't have to fly to any destination!


So, since time is precious this morning, and I'm due in a couple of hours, I will sign off with promises of wild tales and hopefully photos to match.



Hmmmm...now what to wear to the ship...(?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,

Have a great time! I'm sure you will. BTW, I WANT PICS during/when you return!!!

XO,

Stan

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael! ... Enjoyed the pics and reading the details of your cruise vacation, plus your most recent post-vacation entry. Guess there's no need to call for updates on your life anymore. LOL! Miss you... Can't wait to see you here in Palm Springs in December. ~ Love Ya! Jimmy