Sunday, September 9, 2007

Boys to Juneau...

I awake at this early hour to gray skies and a chilly morning as the ship heads up the passage to Juneau. I actually thought about hitting the on board gym, as I did yesterday, but decided that since I'm doing an excursion in Juneau on bikes, I would refrain from my feelings of guilt driven by my daily workouts that have become so routine.

Yesterday we were at sea all day. A rather relaxing day of exploring the ship, receiving a fabulous massage (deep tissue no less), and spending way too much money at the art auction. But I'm thrilled in my purchases of 2 Tarkay's that I will be taking off the ship when I get home! We attended a champagne reception (not that I didn't have enough of that at the art auction) before dinner...which was an incredible Beef Wellington. I ended the night watching a female impersonator do the likes of Cher, Liza, Judy and a bevy of other divas! I wanted to hit the sack relatively early since we were hitting port in Juneau today. Plus we got the gift of an additional hour of sleep due to the time zone change. The beds on this ship are incredibly comfortable by the way!

So, as I mentioned, today is an excursion called Bikes and Brew. I can only imagine trekking on mountain bikes for 9.5 miles and then hitting an Alaskan brewery! The issue may be trying to get back to the ship without falling off the bikes!!

Tonight is the big costume party. My simple "fireman" outfit will probably be completely out shined by the likes of feathers, leather and wigs that would put Dolly Parton to shame! More on that later...with photos I'm sure!

Now...where are those "authentic" Alaskan bears?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie. My, what a grand time it sounds like you're having! I have this wonderful mental image of you peddling through the tundra with a bevy of gay boys, 3 sheets to the wind, kilt flapping merrily in the breeze... Rasha and I miss you. Can't wait to see pictures when you return. Hugs and kisses - Jon

Unknown said...

Sounds great and like you are having a blast. I notice you have not posted in the last few days, and have drawn my own happy conclusions!